Stepping Stones Crisis Society is seeking an Overnight Crisis Intervention Worker to join their team.
The Overnight Crisis Intervention Worker is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for women and children fleeing family violence can find access to temporary shelter; providing crisis intervention services, support, advocacy, information, resources and referrals to all persons requesting that service; enabling clients to recognize their options, mobilize their support networks, and utilize their opportunities to move toward healthy and stable futures.
Overnight shifts would be 3 nights on (10 hour shifts), 6 off.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Shift is an overnight (awake)
- Admit and discharge clients to the shelter; ensuring all documents/forms are accurately completed
- Perform intake and initial assessment. Determine the clients immediate needs and provide support where necessary
- Orientate residential clients to shelter policies and procedures
- Assist with developing and implementing client group activities and client programming
- Transport clients to appointments when necessary
- Respond to requests for crisis intervention, community information, referral and general information to both residential clients and to individuals seeking assistance on the Help Line when required
- Advocate for residents in various methods with various agencies when required
- Prepare, complete, and document all necessary forms, documentation, and information required throughout the clients stay in the shelter
- Make referrals to outside community agencies, when and where required
- Participate in duties such as cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc. when required
- Attend staff meetings, in-service programs, and additional training as required
- Provide on call coverage as assigned and/or be able to cover shifts in the event of an emergency
- Be an active team member and promote the team vision. Be willing to assist/help co-workers when needed and encourage open communication amongst staff by relaying vital information.
- Assist with training and orientation of new staff and students
- Perform other related work as assigned by the Program Manager and/or designate
Qualifications and Requirements
- Registered Social Worker (Degree) or post-secondary education (Diploma) in a related field is an asset
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role and/or working knowledge of the dynamics of family violence, addictions, suicide and other social issues
- Ability to relate to clients in a non-judgmental manner, and to respect client confidentiality
- Experience in handling emergency situations, conflict resolution, crisis intervention, and case management
- Ability to work all shifts; night shift is an awake shift
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and computer skills
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Acceptable Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention Record Check
- Standard First Aid/CPR, ASIST Certification, and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training is considered an asset
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license free from restrictions
To apply or ask any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.