Stepping Stones Crisis Society is seeking an Overnight Casual Crisis Intervention Worker to join their team.
The Crisis Intervention Worker is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for women and children fleeing family violence can find access to temporary shelter; providing crisis intervention services, support, advocacy, information, resources and referrals to all persons requesting that service; enabling clients to recognize their options, mobilize their support networks, and utilize their opportunities to move toward healthy and stable futures.
Causal covers shifts as needed, which includes overnight Shifts from 9:30pm to 7:30am.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Shift is an overnight (awake)
- Admit and discharge clients to the shelter; ensuring all documents/forms are accurately completed
- Perform intake and initial assessment. Determine the clients immediate needs and provide support where necessary
- Orientate residential clients to shelter policies and procedures
- Assist with developing and implementing client group activities and client programming
- Transport clients to appointments when necessary
- Respond to requests for crisis intervention, community information, referral and general information to both residential clients and to individuals seeking assistance on the Help Line when required
- Advocate for residents in various methods with various agencies when required
- Prepare, complete, and document all necessary forms, documentation, and information required throughout the clients stay in the shelter
- Make referrals to outside community agencies, when and where required
- Participate in duties such as cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc. when required
- Attend staff meetings, in-service programs, and additional training as required
- Provide on call coverage as assigned and/or be able to cover shifts in the event of an emergency
- Be an active team member and promote the team vision. Be willing to assist/help co-workers when needed and encourage open communication amongst staff by relaying vital information.
- Assist with training and orientation of new staff and students
- Perform other related work as assigned by the Program Manager and/or designate
Qualifications and Requirements
- Registered Social Worker (Degree) or post-secondary education (Diploma) in a related field is an asset
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role and/or working knowledge of the dynamics of family violence, addictions, suicide and other social issues
- Ability to relate to clients in a non-judgmental manner, and to respect client confidentiality
- Experience in handling emergency situations, conflict resolution, crisis intervention, and case management
- Ability to work all shifts; night shift is an awake shift
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and computer skills
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Acceptable Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention Record Check
- Standard First Aid/CPR, ASIST Certification, and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training is considered an asset
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license free from restrictions
To apply or ask any questions, please email email@example.com.